- Comment on the following statement - use the blog on this website.
- Read the latest ELCA statement on Accompaniment below.
- Read the books recommended for this trip.
The world has changed - technology, world trade & world travel, and the rise of social media and instant connections are huge changes.
To be church today in worship, witness, service, community, and learning must also change if this church will be authentic and relevant to this world.
But true significant change takes time, thought, prayerful discernment, and lots of attentive conversations and experiences.
That is exactly the point of the East Central Synod of Wisconsin's Trip to the Western Diocese from June 18-July 10, 2013:
- It is NOT a vacation, tourism, or even a mission trip.
- It is NOT something we do for others over there.
- IT IS - for us - WE are struggling to understand and be church in a way that is relevant, authentic, and inviting to our children, grandchildren and neighbors.
- If we are going to be relevant, authentic, and inviting we need to be all about relationships, on a global scale, immersed in God's mission.